Your posture can affect your energy, so best to sit up straight to help you feel more confident. Cross your legs and arms in front of you if you want to ward off unwanted relationship questions from Aunt Marcy :))
Earlier this day, someone had expressed their unpopular opinion of me and it totally knocked me down. I got up and went to dance class and worked on my balance — because there’ll always be knocks in life but the trick is to get up again!
I believe in starting the day with sun salutations — which usually includes some qigong exercises to wake up my spine. I don’t do it every day, but I do do it most days, and I make like Tarzan and BEAT MY CHEST!
If you need to ground yourself, you can swat your body lightly up one side and down the other to check that you are in your body. A fun place to do this is while on the Lone Star Riverboat that cruises Lady Bird Lake as the bats come out at sunset boooooo scary it’s Halloween!
Heaven and Earth and the partial solar eclipse is happening while I’m standing in a dry Onion Creek. Heaven and Earth help relieve stress in the body and calm your thoughts, so you can take a moment to say THANK YOU to the sun!
Please do not put your smartphone in your back pocket, nor wear it in your bra. Why?…
The sun has set and here come the Harvest Moon! I do these radiant hearts to pull the earth’s energy up and into my body and keep me open and available for love — what more is there? 😉
My production crew (Dito & Henry) were in the frame, scoozi!
Children do it, athletes too. When you have nervous energy in you, sometimes it feels great to shake your hands as if they are pompoms and let the tension fly out! My hound dog Bandito is with me for this sped-up version of shaking it out.
What an INCREDIBLE way to start the day, up with the hot air balloons at Snow Mass just outside of Aspen! I am doing an energy medicine move called “Heaven & Earth”! This grounding technique will help move stress out of your body and calm your senses.
Reach up with a flat palm on your right hand, while your left hand is palm-facing the earth, and take a deep breath. Switch positions as you breathe deep. Heaven & Earth, thank them both!
I was mid-week in my NIA Dance training and I completely forgot where I was…. Little Rock, Arkansas. Which I really enjoyed, lovely sights!
High atop the Hot Springs Mountain Tower, I did some qi gong moves to help free up my spine and open up my creativity. Whew it was hot in Arkansas, but a stop at the old world Buckstaff Bathouse was a tremendous way to spend an afternoon.
I have had a ton of fun creating a series of weekly 15-second videos on Instagram (#newenergyin15), promoting good energy, raising your vibration and just plain feeling better by doing some simple exercises I have learned from my mentors, teachers and practices. It’s been a mind-and-energy-expanding year for me and I’m really excited to learn more because if there’s one certain thing I’ve come to accept, it’s that the more I know, the less I know — but therein lies my challenge.
I have plans to take my study of energy deeper in the coming new year; by developing a better understanding between my energy and my art through reiki, my drawings, Austin’s NIA dance community, t’ai chi, space clearing, energy medicine, intuition sharpening, meditation (uggggg, still) and how to translate this into a marketing opportunity. The study of energy literally gets me out of bed in the morning and I really have been blessed by seeing many facets of life with new eyes as I dive deeper into vibration and art.
I am so grateful for the lessons and opportunities of 2014 and look to 2015 with eager eyes and an open heart!
Here’s the New Energy in 15 Year in Review, thank you for following along, even if silently. I understand many of you are looking at me sideways these days and I take that as a good sign — I highly endorse flying one’s freak flag freely if it feels right w00000t!
It’s a heckuva lotta videos, take your time lol 😀
1) Brain exercises to break habits in thinking patterns
2) First unofficial New Energy in 15; Figure 8s!
3) Qi Gong move to open up the energy channels, called Slapping the Monkey (not really ok really)
4) My first on the road video from Hot Springs, AR; Get That Beach Ball! A qi gong movement to open up the spine
5) Ooops a blooper video from when I was at the NIA white belt training in Little Rock, AR and I forgot where I was:
6) Sun salutations on the Big Dam Bridge in Little Rock. I do this as often as I can; pulling up the earth’s energy into my legs and body makes such a difference throughout the day
7) The Hot Air Balloon Festival in Snowmass, Colorado was the perfect place for Heaven and Earth! I learned this and so much more from Donna Eden and her Eden Energy Medicine practices
8) Back at the ranch in Driftwood, TX, waking up the chi in the keyboard-tied hands by shaking them like a polaroid!
9) Harvest Moon with Radiant Hearts; another practice I learned from Donna Eden. My production team Henry & Bandito were on hand to make sure everything went smoothly
10) Scary Halloween time with all the EMFs we are getting bombarded by! I used to wear my iPhone in my back pocket; not anymore — I carry it in a satchel :)))
11) During the solar eclipse, I proclaim my gratitude to the sun by doing Heaven and Earth in a very dry Onion Creek
12) Thriller under the Austin Bat Bridge! I learned this grounding tip many moons ago; slap the perimeters of your body up & down to help you get back in your body and ground your thoughts. Breathe too!
13) More sun salutations and Donna Eden moves on the ranch; tap the meridian points on your face and at your collar bone and then beat your chest like Tarzan to help you wake up :))
14) We all get knocked down and we fall sometimes too and that’s okay Stuart Smalley! Keeping your balance in practice will help navigate this ups & downs
15) Good posture reminder heading into the holiday season! It can be stressful time but sometimes the little things can make a difference; like how you present yourself to family & friends. Sit tall, head held high and enjoy the ride
16) Thanksgiving sunset salutations in Santa Barbara; pulling the earth’s energy up and slapping the monkey as I thank the skies above for all the gifts of the year. I think we all can agree that we just feel better on a beach voila
17) The holiday madness! This is how NOT to do Donna Eden’s Triple Warmer! When done properly, it is a powerful way to renew your energy. More to come on this in 2015
18) Mall Madness! Another Donna Eden tip; the Hookup; pull your belly button and Third Eye up with your fingers and hold and breathe. Do this a few times to feel like you can tackle the world
19) The hills are alive! I took a singing lesson and fell in LOVE with how it can raise my vibration, and I have been in love with the Sound of Music for decades! Singing will literally move the Spirit in you and make you feel better
20) Our Power Center; Our Core. It’s where many of our hopes, dreams and creativity get trapped, not to mention sense of self. I do many things in life to wake up my core — and the hula hoop is a great way to do that!
That’s a lotta videos, whew! I hope your energy continues to improve in 2015 and thank you again for reading and watching my journey 😀 Happy New Year! xx