Practicing stillness or mindfulness can be challenging, and even trickier for me when I do it in public spaces… but the Barton Springs Spillway was a’buzz with friendly folks, many of whom were interested in what I was doing. What was I doing? A t’ai chi move called Cloud hands in s-u-p-e-r slow mo. Slow motion is hard because I want to whizz about always, but the lessons of slowing down have been ginormous, across the board. Summer time…
New Energy in 15, Beach Ballin’ in Hot Springs
High atop the Hot Springs Mountain Tower, I did some qi gong moves to help free up my spine and open up my creativity. Whew it was hot in Arkansas, but a stop at the old world Buckstaff Bathouse was a tremendous way to spend an afternoon.
New Energy in 15… 2015!
I have had a ton of fun creating a series of weekly 15-second videos on Instagram (#newenergyin15), promoting good energy, raising your vibration and just plain feeling better by doing some simple exercises I have learned from my mentors, teachers and practices. It’s been a mind-and-energy-expanding year for me and I’m really excited to learn more because if there’s one certain thing I’ve come to accept, it’s that the more I know, the less I know — but therein lies my challenge.
I have plans to take my study of energy deeper in the coming new year; by developing a better understanding between my energy and my art through reiki, my drawings, Austin’s NIA dance community, t’ai chi, space clearing, energy medicine, intuition sharpening, meditation (uggggg, still) and how to translate this into a marketing opportunity. The study of energy literally gets me out of bed in the morning and I really have been blessed by seeing many facets of life with new eyes as I dive deeper into vibration and art.
I am so grateful for the lessons and opportunities of 2014 and look to 2015 with eager eyes and an open heart!
Here’s the New Energy in 15 Year in Review, thank you for following along, even if silently. I understand many of you are looking at me sideways these days and I take that as a good sign — I highly endorse flying one’s freak flag freely if it feels right w00000t!
It’s a heckuva lotta videos, take your time lol 😀
1) Brain exercises to break habits in thinking patterns
2) First unofficial New Energy in 15; Figure 8s!
3) Qi Gong move to open up the energy channels, called Slapping the Monkey (not really ok really)
4) My first on the road video from Hot Springs, AR; Get That Beach Ball! A qi gong movement to open up the spine
5) Ooops a blooper video from when I was at the NIA white belt training in Little Rock, AR and I forgot where I was:
6) Sun salutations on the Big Dam Bridge in Little Rock. I do this as often as I can; pulling up the earth’s energy into my legs and body makes such a difference throughout the day
7) The Hot Air Balloon Festival in Snowmass, Colorado was the perfect place for Heaven and Earth! I learned this and so much more from Donna Eden and her Eden Energy Medicine practices
8) Back at the ranch in Driftwood, TX, waking up the chi in the keyboard-tied hands by shaking them like a polaroid!
9) Harvest Moon with Radiant Hearts; another practice I learned from Donna Eden. My production team Henry & Bandito were on hand to make sure everything went smoothly
10) Scary Halloween time with all the EMFs we are getting bombarded by! I used to wear my iPhone in my back pocket; not anymore — I carry it in a satchel :)))
11) During the solar eclipse, I proclaim my gratitude to the sun by doing Heaven and Earth in a very dry Onion Creek
12) Thriller under the Austin Bat Bridge! I learned this grounding tip many moons ago; slap the perimeters of your body up & down to help you get back in your body and ground your thoughts. Breathe too!
13) More sun salutations and Donna Eden moves on the ranch; tap the meridian points on your face and at your collar bone and then beat your chest like Tarzan to help you wake up :))
14) We all get knocked down and we fall sometimes too and that’s okay Stuart Smalley! Keeping your balance in practice will help navigate this ups & downs
15) Good posture reminder heading into the holiday season! It can be stressful time but sometimes the little things can make a difference; like how you present yourself to family & friends. Sit tall, head held high and enjoy the ride
16) Thanksgiving sunset salutations in Santa Barbara; pulling the earth’s energy up and slapping the monkey as I thank the skies above for all the gifts of the year. I think we all can agree that we just feel better on a beach voila
17) The holiday madness! This is how NOT to do Donna Eden’s Triple Warmer! When done properly, it is a powerful way to renew your energy. More to come on this in 2015
18) Mall Madness! Another Donna Eden tip; the Hookup; pull your belly button and Third Eye up with your fingers and hold and breathe. Do this a few times to feel like you can tackle the world
19) The hills are alive! I took a singing lesson and fell in LOVE with how it can raise my vibration, and I have been in love with the Sound of Music for decades! Singing will literally move the Spirit in you and make you feel better
20) Our Power Center; Our Core. It’s where many of our hopes, dreams and creativity get trapped, not to mention sense of self. I do many things in life to wake up my core — and the hula hoop is a great way to do that!
That’s a lotta videos, whew! I hope your energy continues to improve in 2015 and thank you again for reading and watching my journey 😀 Happy New Year! xx
I am a Psychic.
And guess what, so are you! In fact, each one of us has been born with natural psychic abilities — it is our six sense and we all have one, even if it has been ignored. Much like the ability to sing or paint or play the piano, this skill can be developed with education and a dedication to nurture it, in a world that is not so keen on its development. And much like almost any other profession, there are folks looking to scam people and take advantage of the weakness of others. I have happily met some extraordinary exceptions and look to learn more from the studied professionals.
I’ve had quite an education in the psychic healing arts in the past year and a half. I never once considered myself psychic, although I was always interested in it because I was very curious about those that were psychic; what exactly did this mean? I saw stories and had no idea what that meant, so I went tripping around. As a kid, I was always being told to be quiet, don’t say that, keep your mouth shut….. and because I did not really know how to do that, I discovered ways and means to suppress these thoughts and feelings. So as I grew up, I treated it as a book that I would flip through every couple of years and then toss it aside. That is….. until my mom passed away.
I have met countless people whose lives have completely changed after the passing of their mother; I suppose the stories had always been around me, but I never heard these stories. I thought I had been prepared for my mom’s death, but even to this day, not quite two years later, her death still inspires me, still makes me cry, still makes me feel things I have never felt, but mostly, my mom has inspired me. I recently created a mission statement, and as CORNY as it is, it is oh-so-very-true for me: (yes, it sounds like a Beach Boys song lol)
“I want the rest of my life to be the best of my life and I want to share the good vibrations!”
I discovered I do have psychic abilities. That’s such a freaky word though, isn’t it? I rarely use the word because it’s FREAKY and people literally or metaphorically take a step back and put their hand up as if to say, “You will not see me.” I don’t blame them, I have done the same. Storefront psychics have given the profession a very bad name and in my studies, I learned that approximately 90% of psychics are scam artists. That’s a HUGE number of phoney-baloneys and no wonder this young woman got exactly what she set out to find; online psychic scammers. They are incredibly easy to find, so she allowed herself to be mostly scammed and willingly paid for it. Had she spent some time educating herself, she could have found a professional who could read the energy around her and with a combined effort on both their parts, she would have been left with suggestions on how to improve and/or change her current situation. It’s not hocus-pocus unless you want it to be abra-cadabra. We all have free will and no psychic has the final word on your life, nor should anyone allow a psychic to hold their future ransom for a dollar amount. This woman eventually meet someone who had energy-reading-abilities and guess what, IT FREAKED HER OUT.
I am a beginner and have immersed myself in learning all that I can about these talents of mine that I discovered late in the game; there is no clear path to educate one’s self in this manner, which is a challenge I fully embrace. I no longer even feel as though I have a choice, nor do I wonder if I have this ability; I do. Now my focus is to simply understand this thing that is in me and to that end, I am completely dedicated to educating myself and developing these skills because it is literally the things that makes me jump out of bed each morning. My hope is that everyone finds the thing that makes them to jump out of bed each morning because honestly, it’s the sweet spot for sure.
Everyone has a Sixth Sense, just as everyone can sing, but it’s a skill that must be developed and nurtured. Nothing about our American culture wants you to have these six sensory skills, let alone develop them, which is why turning off the TV and staying out of malls and bars would be a good place to start if you’re interested in develop these skills. Fortunately (!!!) I lost everything while my mom was dying and in my process of re-building, I find myself out in nature A LOT, which is the perfect place for me to develop and practice these intuitive skills. I have learned to meditate too — perhaps one of THE most challenging things to do in my life, because the world has always screamed at me and I always screamed back, that is until I discovered the gift of silence.
It is in the silence where I have learned my greatest lessons.
In the silence, I know stories. It feels as though I get tapped on my nose and then I see people and situations. Usually these situations are high-stress, traumatic situations, not always, but never a bunch of detailed information. In my study of developing these skills, I give much consideration to the ethics of this business, and have learned that it is best to never impose my thoughts or “advice” (eee-gads) on anyone, so often times, I do what I must to release this energy from me. This is where NIA dance comes in tremendously handy, and why I share my good energy tips on Instagram!
Being psychic, or rather, being in touch with one’s intuitive side (a much nicer way of saying it), is the ability to see or hear or read “energy in motion.” When I first heard this description, it made it much less spooky and less mysterious.
“The ability to read energy in motion.”
It’s a fascinating subject and there is so much to learn, so much to try, so much to see, so much to read, so much to feel! I have met some amazing people in this journey, as well; there have been some absolute nut jobs oh-yes-for-sure, some egos five times the size of Texas, but mostly I have met some of the most caring and dedicated people I have ever met in my life, and many dress suuuuuuuper-cool and have never seen an office cubicle. I LOVE IT!!
A good place to start if you’re interested in developing your own “intuitive skills” is Sonia Choquette’s “Diary of a Psychic“, and almost all of her other books. I have read most and have attended her workshops too, which are craaaaaaaaaazy-amazing!
In my late-twenties, I started on the path to discover these skills and learn more about them, but I eventually walked away, literally and metaphorically, because I wasn’t “getting it.” It was a long and interesting lesson, yet I was very, very frustrated because I learned all these things in my head, but nothing was happening outside of me. When my mom was dying and said the words, “I was wrong about you and I wish I had been nicer to you“, it truly melted a steel cage around my heart and I was able to see, feel, hear, taste, touch for the first time in my life. My mom gave me an amazing gift before she passed away, the gift of LOVE, and so it is because of her I am dedicated to being the best PSYCHIC I can possibly be! And truly the BEST part about it is that I don’t have to be a PSYCHIC because there are so many other tremendous things possible in life now!
Now please, will you wash behind your ears before I have to embarrass you in public?